First Class Pre-K
Alabama's Voluntary Pre-K Program
• First Class Pre-K programs are accepting online pre-registration applications for the 2022-2023
school year beginning January 15th.
• Pre-registration is open to all children four years of age on 9/1/22* who are residents of Alabama. (Children who are eligible to attend kindergarten are not eligible for pre-k.)
• Registrants must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate. (It may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local First-Class Pre-K school/program.)
• Registrants must provide proof of residence - either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or
mortgage. (It may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local First-Class Pre-K school/ program.)
• Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility for attending a program at a particular school. (Contact the school for attendance zone information.)
• There is no registration fee for First Class Pre-K programs.
• Upon enrollment, a child's immunization record must be provided to the school or program.
• No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or